Updated MHS antibiogram for 2018 is available online. Please call Micro or Dr. Hoskinson with specific questions.Continue reading “🌟 2018 MHS Antibiogram”
Until Epic 2019 Go-live
- 08.10.2019 12:01-5am FULL DOWNTIME
- In-house and HI regional “Command center”
- Superuser RNs on each floor
- Dedicated phone line for physicians
- Epic still accessible via READ-ONLY environment
Major new features Epic 2019Continue reading “August 2019 Epic Upgrade – Special Newsletters (#1, #2, #3)”
Holding Antithrombotics Around Regional Anesthesia:
You’ll hear about appropriate use of antithrombotics around epidurals or spinals due to updated regional anesthesia guidelines.
Spinal or epidural hematomas from regional anesthesia are rare but can lead to paralysis. Hematoma risk goes up when antithrombotics are given around the time of catheter insertion or removal.
Consider the following strategies, along with patient and operative risks when making decisions on the use of anticoagulants around regional anesthesia.Continue reading “📖 – Pharmacy Newsletter February 2019”
We are revising KPHC dysphagia diet order to match current IDDSI recommendations (International Dysphagia Diet Standardization Initiative).Continue reading “🆕 – Changes to Dysphagia Order (3-27-2019)”
New order PERFORM PROCEDURES AT BEDSIDE 
This order can be used when performing procedure that are currently not set up in HealthConnect.
Specific CPT code can be entered when creating a “Procedure Note”.
Update to Sepsis ordersets for ED and Inpatients
1. Updated antibiotic section to reflect increasing resistance to Pip/Tazo
2. Help identify patients who require 30ml/kg fluid resuscitation
3. Additional instruction for RN to repeat Lactic Acid if not done
MHS Fever Severe Sepsis ED 
MHS Sepsis/Septic Shock IP