🔥 New: MHS HBS Hemorrhagic Stroke IP
🛠️ Revised: MHS HBS Ischemic Stroke TIA IP
– Fix dysphagia evaluation – Add speech therapy – Add reminder for DAPT in high-risk TIA/minor stroke
🛠️ Revised: MHS Imaging Assisted Biopsy Aspiration Drainage IP
– adding GRAM stain to existing “BODY FLUID” culture orders
🛠️ Revised: MHS HBS Cardiac Testing IP – NM replaced with the correct MHS order – removed duplicate indications for stress test
– Revised MHS HBS Admission Observation 2019 – New MHS Acute and Chronic Hyponatremia – Revised MHS Major Trauma ED – Revised MHS HBS CHF – Revised MHS HBS ACS – Revised Therapeutic Hypothermia
– DKA – COPD – OBGYN and Ortho ordersets
Holding Antithrombotics Around Regional Anesthesia:
appropriate use of antithrombotics around epidurals or spinals
due to updated regional anesthesia guidelines.
Spinal or epidural hematomas from regional
anesthesia are rare but can lead to paralysis. Hematoma risk goes up when
antithrombotics are given around the time of catheter insertion or removal.
Consider the following strategies, along with
patient and operative risks when making decisions on the use of anticoagulants
around regional anesthesia.
Continue reading “📖 – Pharmacy Newsletter February 2019”
Updated MHS antibiogram for 2018 is available online. Please call Micro or Dr. Hoskinson with specific questions.
Continue reading “🌟 2018 MHS Antibiogram”
IDDSI Dysphagia Diet Classification
We are revising KPHC
dysphagia diet order to match current IDDSI recommendations ( International Dysphagia Diet Standardization Initiative). Continue reading “🆕 – Changes to Dysphagia Order (3-27-2019)”
PERFORM PROCEDURES AT BEDSIDE  This order can be used when performing procedure that are currently not set up in HealthConnect. Specific CPT code can be entered when creating a “Procedure Note”. Continue reading “🆕 – Generic Bedside Procedures Order (2-13-2019)”
Update to Sepsis ordersets for ED and Inpatients
1. Updated antibiotic section to reflect increasing resistance to Pip/Tazo 2. Help identify patients who require 30ml/kg fluid resuscitation 3. Additional instruction for RN to repeat Lactic Acid if not done
MHS Fever Severe Sepsis ED  MHS Sepsis/Septic Shock IP  Continue reading “🛠 – Sepsis Ordersets (IP/ED) (2-13-2019)”